Thursday, March 11, 2010

If I play the play a B-flat clarinet, can I read violin/flute/piano sheet music?

I've been going around sites looking for some anime songs to play on my clarinet, but all I find are sheet music from flutes, violins, and pianos. I do know the flute and the violin are in key C though, but I play B-flat. Is it possible?


What I wanted to play was:





Hare Hare Yukai- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya


Kazemachi Jet- Tsubasa Chronicle


Sakura Kiss- Ouran HS Host ClubIf I play the play a B-flat clarinet, can I read violin/flute/piano sheet music?
Well, it's possible I suppose, but you might have to transpose it to be into B-flat. I'm not sure about the processes but I'm always hearing complaints from my friends about transposing music into B-Flat or E-Flat from C.


Possible, yes. It will require some practice however. I'm sorry I can't provide more information on how it's done.If I play the play a B-flat clarinet, can I read violin/flute/piano sheet music?
You can use flute music... it just may be crazy high pitched... try dropping everything down an octave... I'm not sure about violin or piano sheet music.
This is what another person gave me for an answer when I asked the same thing.





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
B flat instruments have to transpose up a step; this is a skill that many players of Bflat instruments master.

No comments:

Post a Comment