Sunday, March 7, 2010

I play the tenor saxophone and am having trouble finding sheet music, can I buy sheet music for a clarinet?

And be able to use it without transposing?I play the tenor saxophone and am having trouble finding sheet music, can I buy sheet music for a clarinet?
You can do it, I do it, but some clarinet pieces will have high notes you can't his on a tenor sax and some pieces just sound better on clarinet. For most pieces you'll be OK.I play the tenor saxophone and am having trouble finding sheet music, can I buy sheet music for a clarinet?
Both the tenor sax and clarinet are Bb instruments, so most of the time you'll be able to play the same music on both instruments. The difference is that the clarinet can play a bit lower (below low C) and a bit higher, so you may find some clarinet music out of your range. There are some easy arrangements at http://windsorbrass.com/sheetmusic/ that you may find very playable.
Both the Tenor Saxophone and Clarinet are Bb instruments. (unless otherwise stated)


Meaning, you can play Clarinet pieces on the tenor saxophone.
sure aren't they both woodwinds... i think you can after all im in band ... but i play the trumpet..

No comments:

Post a Comment