Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Best resource for clarinet sheet music for church?

I have a clarinet student who is looking to play in a church setting. She wants to play some church music but all I can find is sheet music for piano! Does anyone know of places to find Clarinet sheet music for church. It doesn't have to be online and no I don't mean free.Best resource for clarinet sheet music for church?
Oh dear that's hard. :(


I unfortunately don't know where to find clarinet music myself, since I don't have a teacher... (I'm self-taught), but the best would be to take the piano music and actually take the melody line and transpose it to the Bflat key?


In our church band they often give me a piece of music in the C key and I have to sight-transpose to play with the rest of the band. It's annoying, but like Mamianka (i think) once posted on here to another question, ';Saxes and clarinets are like weird family members- we love them, but they're odd...';


The best would probably be to just either transpose it for her on the sheet music, or teach her to sight-transpose. That way you can search for sheet music for any other solo-instrument.





Not much of an answer, but I hope it helps nonetheless.Best resource for clarinet sheet music for church?
I have purchased 10-12 piece books for solo clarinet with hymns/Easter music at music stores (R.E.W., the Music Stand, etc.) - some have the piano accompaniment or a CD accompaniment ... I have yet to find one with arrangements that I like, but they work ... I also sometimes use the hymnal (I don't know if her church has them) and transpose the melody ...
just google it...

No comments:

Post a Comment